Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bonjour Octobre!

Photobucket
The leaves are falling, the weather is cool, Starbucks is serving Pumpkin Spice Lattes again, all is right with the world!  Why not enjoy the new fall season while sporting a new outfit?!

Photobucket

This combo, I adore.  Definitely something the lovely Serena Vander Woodsen would wear, for all of you fellow Gossip Girl fans out there.  To others, it may seem like a lot, but please worry not!  Allow me to strut you through this outfit.

Step One, The basics:
Bright colored bottoms are definitely in, and you know how much I love pinkish hues!  Therefore, I built this outfit around the coral reef colored pants from Bloomingdales.  Next, I came across this comfy, but cutesy, v-neck sweater  from Ann Taylor . Everyone loves a little matchy, matchy monochromatic style every once in a while.


Step Two, The Break up:
No tears necessary ladies!  It's not that kind of break up, instead, it's a fashionable one!  Break up your coral reef fit with an everyday, blue jean jacket.  Don't have one?  Get one by Levis. I can honestly say, I have never had a Levis product that has disappointed. This adds some warmth to your outfit in this brisk weather and saves you from looking like an actual Coral Reef, which in my opinnion, isn't always a bad thing. But that's beside the point...


Step Three, Accessorize!
Weeee! My absolute FAVORITE part of constructing an outfit.  Accessories! Yes, shoes are included in this category.  These heeled booties from Bebe are perfection.  They are sexy and add the right amount of edge needed to make this outfit pop. The necklace, ah the necklace.  A super simple gold chain from Urban Outfitters.  Simply beautiful. And lastly... Earrings.  Earrings make my fashion world go round and round.  To me, an outfit can't be complete without them.  These soft, sea foam green earrings from Urban Outfitters are a pretty, calm, tiny dot of color that doesn't clash with the rest of outfit.


Voilà! A perfect outfit for fall.  Would you wear this? I know I would!

3 comments:

  1. i would :) did you use polyvore to make this? I'm obsessed with that program!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! thanks love! I actually used photoshop! But I may start using polyvore now that you mention it! :))

    ReplyDelete